Drive, Desire and Ambition Tempered with Balance, Harmony and Diplomacy
The planet Mars enters the sign of Libra on September 14, 2021. It stays there through October 30, 2021.
Theme: Desire and drive toward action that’s tempered with balance. Be wary of indecisiveness.
The Planet Mars – Drive, Desire and Ambition
The energy of Mars is all about initiative, will towards action, desire, drive and ambition. It’s also associated with conflict and war.
Mars represents the urge that we have for self-assertiveness and the urge to act decisively. It is also associated with sexual urges and the urge towards aggression.
The planet represents our need to achieve our desires and the need for both physical and sexual excitement.
To sum it up, the energy of Mars represents how you assert yourself and how you express your desires.
As with all astrological energy, there is a positive and a negative expression.
The positive expression of Mars energy is:
· Will power that’s consciously directed towards a legitimate aim.
The negative expression of Mar’s energy is:
· Improper use of force or threats.
The Sign of Libra – Balance, Harmony and Diplomacy
Libra is a cardinal air sign. Cardinal signs like to initiate things and enjoy taking charge. It is about initiating the movement of energy in a set direction.
Air signs are all about the mind and the mind’s sensations. They are intellectual and process everything through thought. They are quick witted and enjoy complex thought and abstract ideas. They are always on the move.
Libra energy is about balance, fairness, diplomacy, harmony, teamwork and close relationships.
To sum it up, Libra’s energy is about initiation, movement, and the use of complex ideas in a way that’s balanced, impartial and diplomatic. It’s the blending of the polarities of energy as you strive to fulfill your desires.
The positive expression of Libra is:
· Even temperedness
· Working together as a team
· Being relationship oriented
The negative expression of Libra is:
· People pleasing
· Avoiding conflict to your own detriment
Mars Entering Libra September 14, 2021 – Putting It All Together
When Mars is in Libra, it is what’s called in its “detriment”. What this means is that Mars is in a sign opposite the sign that it rules. In this case, Libra is opposite of Aries. This waters down Mars’ energy.
Sometimes it can cause the expression of Mars’ energy to be a more negative one.
The qualities that Libra and Mars share are the desire to initiate, the will towards action and the movement of energy in a set direction. In this way, they work well together.
Because Libra’s higher expression is about balance, fairness, being even tempered and teamwork, it modifies, or lessens Mars assertive, singular and at times aggressive energy.
Remember, the energy of Mars represents how you assert yourself and how you express your desires. Libra energy helps you express it in a gentler, more mindful, and more balanced way.
While Mars is in Libra through October 30, 2021, you may find that your drive towards action may be more balanced and tactful.
Because Libra energy values teamwork and personal relationships, you may be more apt to take into consideration the people around you as you manifest your desires.
A negative expression of Mars in Libra is that you may find yourself caught in “analysis paralysis”. You get so caught up in weighing options that you become indecisive.
When you finally make up your mind, you may be second guessing yourself.
Since aggression is a negative expression of Mars and passive-aggressive tendencies are a negative expression of Libra, you may find yourself or others displaying passive aggressive tendencies more than usual.
How Can I Work with This Energy in a Beneficial Way?
Being consciously aware of how the energy can express itself both positively and negatively will empower you to make choices about how you want to show up in the world during this time.
You can harness this energy positively by:
· Being more social during this period. This energy supports comfortable social interactions. You may find that you’re more outgoing and charming in social situations.
· Manifest those desires! Use this energy to move your desires from thoughts into physical reality. If you choose to start a project or to pursue something you want, know that you’ll be able to do so with grace and balance. However, be aware of Mercury going retrograde on September 27, 2021, and don’t enter into any contracts during that time if you can help it.
· Tap into the power of teamwork. Use the energy to work together with others to achieve goals.
· Get involved in a cause that matters to you. The aggressive tendencies of Mars combined with Libra’s need for fairness really supports your ability to make a difference in the world. Become a passionate advocate. Fight for your cause. If you are already involved in making a positive difference in the world, you can use this energy to be even more effective in your efforts.
Be mindful that:
· Indecisiveness can hinder you during this time. Even if you're normally good at decisive decision making, having too many options at this time may hamper your ability to make a choice. Write down the things that matter most to you. Which options are non-negotiable? Decide which things aren’t as important. Consider limiting your options so that it doesn't seem so overwhelming.
· Passive-aggressiveness can hinder your interactions with others. If you’re having an interaction that isn’t feeling good, take a breath and feel into the sensations in your body. Are you meaning what you say, saying what you mean and not saying it in a mean way? Are you being passive-aggressive or is the other person? You get to decide how you want to show up in the interaction.
More To Come – Stay Tuned!!
There is a lot happening astrologically. It’s a lot to digest. I’ll be posting another blog about the Pisces Full Moon on September 20, 2021, and more on the Mercury Retrograde on September 27, 2021.
About the Author:
Susan A. Beauregard is a Certified Holistic Coach, Astrologer and Reiki Master Teacher. She is a Cosmic Catalyst Coach, combining astrology and coaching. Her clients have been able to make powerful shifts with this unique Astro Coaching approach.
Follow her at www.sacredsouldventures.life
Facebook: @sacred soul ventures, llc
Sign up for my “Mercury Mindset Madness - Blame it on the Mercury Retrograde!” workshop
Wednesday September 22, 2021, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm EDT
$80 per person
We’ll talk about the Mercury Retrograde and Libra season, shifting your Mercury mindset and how to utilize the energy for your personal growth.
Direct Message firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up. Payment in advance via PayPal or Venmo.
If you want to experience the power of Cosmic Catalyst Coaching, DM me or send me an email email@example.com. Coaching plus the astrology of your natal chart and transits are a powerful, transformative experience!